Service Desk Staff Panel
- The 'Staff Panel' allows staff (aka 'agents') to manage their tickets, create new users, edit organizations, manage knowledge-base items, manage projects and update their time sheets.
- Staff members are enrolled by administrators. The permissions of a staff member are determined by the role to which they are assigned ('Admin Panel' > 'Staff' > 'Roles') and the department to which they belong 'Admin Panel' > 'Staff' > 'Departments').
- Staff Members that are given admin permissions can also access the admin panel.
Staff can navigate to different areas of the console by clicking the links on the left of the interface. Tool tips offering guidance are available for most features.
Main Functional Areas
- Dashboard – Allows staff to view a graphical summary of ticket activity, including their assigned, closed and due tickets. Tickets are also sorted by department, ticket category, staff member, source and priority. See 'Staff Panel Dashboard' for more details.
- Users - Allows staff to add/import users, and manage customers. The section also allows staff to assign users to customers. See Manage Users and Customers for more.
- Tickets - Allows staff to manage tickets created by users (and tickets created by staff on behalf of a user). See Manage Tickets for more.
- Knowledgebase - Allows staff to create FAQs that can be hosted on your support portal. Staff can also create canned responses to common questions which can be quickly pasted into a ticket. See Manage Knowledgebase for more.
- My Time Sheets - Allows staff to create and update their time sheets and submit them to administrators for approval. Time sheets allow admins to evaluate staff performance and track their working hours. See Manage Staff Time Sheets more details.
- Calendars - Create appointments. Appointments can be be shared with and tracked by other staff members. See 'Manage
Calendars' for more details.
- Projects - Allows staff to create task-orientated projects which span multiple tickets, departments and agents. See Manage Projects for more details.
interfaces display a informational tool-tip beside key features.
Click the tool-tip to view quick help on the