Add a New Item
- You can add billable products or services to Quote Manager along with their price, item code, a short description and associated tax rate.
- Once created, you can add items to a quote by entering the product name or code.
- Click 'Items' in the left menu
- Click ' + NEW ITEM'
On the new item form, please enter:
- Item Code - Enter your product's unique identifier. This can be a universal product code, serial number, RFID code or any other string your company wants to use to identify individual products. The field accepts alpha-numeric characters.
- Product or Service Name - Enter a label for the product or service
- Item description - Create a short overview of the item
- Item Cost - Enter the pre-tax price of the item
- Default rate - Choose the tax rate which applies to the item. Tax rates can be specified in the settings interface. See 'Configuring Tax Rates' for more details.
- Category - Choose the product area into which your item fits. Billed items are organized according to category on your quotes. Available categories are: Software, Hardware, Service
- Type to search Unit Measurement - For example, mm, gb, ml, inches, hours, unit. This unit of measurement will be added to the database and will be available for selection when you create future items.
The item will be added to Quote Manager and can be included in any future quotes.
- Repeat the process to add more items.